Request for Permission
Before the planning and construction of my music video to ‘Hurricane’ by Halsey, I have to request permission from the copyright owner of this track to be sure that I can use it. The track is part of the Room 93 EP which was released through Astralwerks, a record label parented by Universal Music Group. They are known to release music of an electronica style. I have somewhat of the upper hand in this situation - I know the artist. Real name Ashley Frangipane, I became acquainted with Halsey over the internet some time ago. As I have her phone number, I decided I would message her to ask for her permission to use her song seen as though she's arguably the rightful owner of the song:
As the record label is also important in this situation, I also sent them an email asking if I had permission to use this song for pure educational purposes. Their contact page on the official website shows the opportunity to type your email directly:
 |
| Message to Halsey |
 |
| Email to Astralwerks |
No comments:
Post a Comment