I counted 85 shots in this music video. This may not be exact but it is very, very close to the real number if that is the case. This tells me I should aim for around this many shots in my own music video. However, I will more than likely use more camera styles than the one used in this video.
For the shot count task, I chose the music video for Trampoline by We The Wild. The video was directed by Mike Lee Thomas, and edited by Mike Lee Thomas and Amy Daneel respectively.
The majority (first 2:25 minutes) of the video is focused on dancer Shafira Tonkmor. The camera styles are primarily the same: different shots of Tonkmor as she dances, mostly medium and long shots. The musicians are later shown around two and a half minutes into the video lip syncing the lyrics to the song. The shots again are very similar to that of the rest of the video, medium shots focused on the faces of the band. This video doesn't really focus on the star image but it is made very clear that they are the musicians. The costumes are very basis; the three people in the video are dressed casually, as a person would dress on a day-to-day basis. This again doesn't really comply with the star image.
The dancer of whom the video focuses on seems to be fighting something around her - her dancing is as if she's battling an invisible force. This with the lyrics seems to suggest she could be in her own world, or that dancing is like an escape for how she is feeling:
- Gravity, gravity it's pulling me
- You're falling from, falling from the hard ropes
- And I can't breathe
No comments:
Post a Comment